Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Doing Great!

Everything is going great. I sent you a letter on the second day, but you probably did not get it because you already left to hebgen by the time i left. Everything has been going good. I like my companion and we get along good. His name is Elder Larsen, he is from Gilbert Arizona. my branch precedent is pres. Taylor, My district is amazing. There are no slackers, or rebels, but everyone is really fun. I am really enjoying all the classes and all the studying, i have learned so much, and i have have also gained so much spiritually that it seems like i have been here for much more than a week. Every day we are giving lessons to our teachers while they act like investigators, they have gone well and i have learned so much. I get so exited for these "fake" lessons, that it makes me think of how great it is going to be giving real lessons to real people. I am outrageously exited to share the gospel, these last couple days i have been really studying and pondering about how i can be guided by the spirit while teaching and while studying for lessons, I have learned about and i feel like i have already improved. Tell Tammy thanks for the pictures, i have them all over my desk, I love them. As a part of trying to have the Holy Ghost with me more, i have focused on doing all i can to honor the baptismal covenant by going through (pen pondered... thanks Jonney!) every part of the sacrament prayer, to do all i can with what i covenant to do. As a part of "remembering Him always" I have tried to put pictures of Christ as many places that i can and when i see them i always try to think of him, and the significance of what he is doing in the picture. I already had a couple big pictures that Tammy gave me, but i went and bought a lot more at the bookstore hear. I put some in the front of my scriptures, right over my bed, and i also taped one on the back of my note book, and i taped one on the back of my missionary name tag. It has really helped a lot and would definitely suggest it to anyone who reads this. I feel very comfortable and happy hear, i know the Lord has blessed me in that i am not homesick, or scared. I like the food a lot and so far i haven't gained any weight, but we will see what happens.
please forward this to everyone in the family
Love
Elder Jacob Paul Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment