Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A wonderful start to the Christmas season

 It has been a really good week and we have some exiting things coming up. So first big news is that we have a baptism of Friday. It is of a mother and daughter. the Mother (Pauline) is 91 and the daughter (Rebeca) is 59. They were being taught since before i came. They have had the desire to be baptized since before i came, but the big thing holding them back was Rebeca's health. She has some off shoot of vertigo, so she could not really sit up or move around. Before i came President gave them permission to baptize them even if they had not come to church because of their health conditions. 
When we first met with them i really felt that it was important to get them to church before their baptism. I felt that if Rebeca would give it a shot the Lord would bless her and she could come. We decided the first step was
to get her to come to the church for a chapel tour. We talked about it for a long time but we could not get her to commit to date until two weeks ago, we committed her to come for a chapel tour for Nov. 27th.

We had the Chapel tour and it was great. She was able to walk around and sit strait up in the pews for a good half hour. We showed her the baptismal font and she was very exited. We challenged her to get baptized on dec. 7th and she accepted. She also accepted to come to church on Sunday and she if she could make it threw sacrament meeting. She and he mother came Yesterday and were able to stay for two hours, they loved it. And at church Pauline also said she was willing to be baptized on Dec. 7th. Rebeca has been more exited for her baptism than anyone else i have ever taught. In our last lesson with them she told us "I cant remember ever being so exited for something in my whole life" and she told us that at least 7 times! She is great. It has been amazing to see these miracles happen in for them. I am very exited for Friday.

On Thursday President came to our zone to do a specialized training. Elder Reed and I were assigned to teach about "The standard of Truth" Which is a quote from Joseph Smith prophesying of missionary work and how no one can stop it and it will reach the whole earth. We had 30 min to go in depth and teach from it. We made a little sheet to pass out that morning. I think it went well, I will email the handout so you can see what we did. After Specialized training President Young came to a lesson with us. We taught Mark and Stephanie. The lesson
went really well. We taught about the power that comes from reading the Book of Mormon each day and how much it blesses our lives. It was my first time having President come to one of my lessons. I really
enjoyed it! he is a great man.

Transfers are a week from today. It will be interesting to see what will happen, it seems like there is a 50/50 chance that Elder Reed with stay, and there is a small chance that i will go. We will see what happens. On Thursday President told us that we most likely will not be covering North Bend next transfer, Which is a relief. It has been interesting covering both. It has gone pretty well, they have a few cool investigators and it has been fun teaching them. 

Well that is all for this week. But before i end i would like to just bare a quick testimony of the joy and excitement that God gives us when we serve Him. A week ago from Sunday during sacrament meeting i was sitting in the pews feeling very overwhelmed, there were a million things i had my mind on and at first i thought "poor me, I wish things were less crazy." but almost immediately afterward that i thought about how grateful i am to have all these things going on. In no way would i had rather been been sitting as a non missionary without a care in the world. I have the amazing opportunity to be a part of these things that are so important, and things that bring me so much joy. How awesome is it that i have lots of things to improve on. It's exiting and I love it. I love stepping back and thinking about what i am doing and why I am stressed out. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to worry about. Well hopefully that makes sense, It make sense to me ha ha, I love you all!

Elder Covey
--
Fearless via Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment