Monday, December 19, 2011

Fearless Via Faith

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the prayers, I know they have helped. Elder Jorgensen is still here! Things definitely are easy for him, but they are getting better. These past two weeks have definitely been the hardest and most stressful of my mission, but I have learned a ton and had some great times. Elder Jorgensen and I are getting along great. We have very similar personalities and we have become really good friends. I really feel myself around him and we have been able to connect. We joke around a lot, which is way fun. A lot of the time when we drive we will play cheesy EFY pop songs, or Spanish gospel songs and we will sing at the top of our lungs, I love it, it always relieves my stress and just makes me happy. I am not sure if Elder Jorgensen will stay, because every morning it is still really hard for, and he is not really sure how long he can put up with it. but if he does go home that will be okay, because he has done all he can, and i have done all i can, and we just pray for the best.


I am going to start getting back into the habit of every week saying something i learned. This week while studying the Book of Mormon I had some cool incite of taking the name of Christ upon us. I was reading in Mosiah 5. It is right after King Benjamin gives his address and all the people who are there make a covenant with God. After they make the covenant King Benjamin  tells them the take upon themselves the name of Christ. While i was reading this it kinda hit me, that taking upon ourselves the name of Christ is not only a responsibility but it is also a privilege. I know that i sometimes take for granted what a privilege it is to take upon myself the name of Christ, it is an amazing thing that we do because of the covenant we made with God at baptism. In verses 7-12 it says name, referring to the name of Christ and taking it upon ourselves, nine times. In verse 12 it says that we are to "...retain the name written always in your hearts." I love that! we have this privilege and responsibility, and we need to always remember it, we need to have it written on our hearts. In verse 13 it says "For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served?" That really hit me. I know that in order for us to truly take upon ourselves the name of Christ we need to serve Him. Service is a way that we honor our baptismal covenant. 
That is all i have time for today, keep praying for Elder Jorgensen

Love 
      Elder Covey


--
Fearless via Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment