Monday, December 5, 2011

A Very Interesting Week

On Saturday Jeff was baptized, It was so awesome. A recent convert named Austin was the one who baptized him. Jeff and Austin best guys ever. they are both around my age, and threw this process of teaching Jeff we have all gained a strong brotherhood. I love these kids, it makes me sad to think that someday i will have to leave the area and i wont see them. They are both planning on going on missions and i told them once they get back i will make a trip back up here to Medford and we will hang out for a week. Jeffs baptisms was one of the happiest moments of my mission, both Jeff and Austin are going to be such amazing members of the church, they both bore there testimonies yesterday and i now that they are going to do great things.

Now i will go from the start of my week. On Monday i drove down to Eugene with the Assistants to the Presidents and some other missionaries who where called as trainers. We got to the mission home and immediately went into some training. We learned a lot of amazing things from Pres. Young, maybe next week i will have more time to talk about what i learned. We did training until it was time to go to bed, we all slept at the mission home that night. The next morning we woke up and then went and jogged at some trails right next to the Oregon football stadium. It was a beautiful place. Sis. Young was saying that the running trails were designed by Pre Fontane (i do not know how to spell his name.) Through out the whole time was great to be able to spend so much time with President and Sister Young, They are amazing! 

There is no doubt in my mind that President Young is the best mission president for me. once we got back we did some more training and the President and Sister Young went to pick up the new missionaries. Once they came it was kind of weird, it felt like i was just in there shoes. Threw out the whole thing i felt pretty under qualified, most of the other trainers where former District or Zone Leaders and one was a former assistant to the president. I kinda felt bad for my future companion who would be stuck with someone who does not know that much himself, but i was very confident that Pres Young called me to be a trainer for a reason, even though it might not be best for the new missionary. We spent sometime with the new missionaries and then they announced who was with who. They announced mine very last. I got Elder Jorgensen. 

Right when we started talking he told me how this was a reassignment for him, how a year and a half ago he went to the MTC for 9 weeks and he was going to go to Argentina, but he had really bad anxiety and he had to go home. and since he had already done the MTC that he came strait from home. A little later I talked to President Young and he told me that, he knew that i was suppose to be Elder Jorgensen's companion, he said that out off all the new missionaries coming that we were the only companionship that he had decided prior to that day. It was great to know that Pres. Young trusted me with him, and that the Lord trusted me with him, but it also made me very scared. I could just imagine Pres. Young's conversation with Elder Jorgensen's parents, who with no doubt would be very concerned for there son taking this huge step. I knew that he would tell them that the Lord had chosen us to be together, and that put a little stress on me. I trusted that we were meant to be together but i did not want to mess up, I did not want to be the reason he goes home.

Since then it has been very interesting. The good part is, is that Elder Jorgensen and I have really bonded, we have very similar personalities and we have become really great friends. He has really opened up to me and I am very grateful for that trust. We are very comfortable with each other. The bad part is, is that his anxiety is as strong as ever. during the day and at night he does pretty well, he shakes a lot, but he is able to do everything and we can joke around and he seems to be enjoying it. It is the morning that are bad for him, every day at 8 when personal study starts he has a anxiety attack and he has to call his Doctor and talk to him for a while before he calms down. It is really wearing on him to have such a traumatic thing happen every morning and its a lot for him to handle. 

Yesterday Pres. Young came down and they talked for a long time, the decision was made that it was going to be a day by day thing, but most likely he will go home. On one hand I really want him to stay, he is such a great guy and i know he will be a amazing missionary, but on the other hand i really don't know if he can physically handle it, it is hard to see him go threw it and sometimes i cant help him, no matter how much i want to.

I don't have time to write anymore, but i would just like to end by saying, that I know that by putting all our trust in the Lord we can have great peace. I really am peaceful now and the only possible way that could happen is threw the Lord, because everything is going crazy around me. Please pray for Elder Jorgensen, he really needs. And pray that i will be able to help him as much as possible.  

Love, Elder Covey
--
"Fearless via Faith"

Austin & Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment