Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My coastal vacation is over, I'm headed to Eugene


I am sending this pretty early in the morning because I am getting transferred and there is a small chance i might not have time to email, in my new area. I dont have much time at all but i wanted to send something right now in case i dont get a chance later. So as for transfers, I really had the feeling that i would be staying in my area, but i was wrong. I am being transferred to Eugene, on a assignment to be a Assistant to the President. 

I got the call Friday morning. President Young called us and told me i was released as a zone leader, and i thought that maybe what would come next would be a call to be a trainer (cuz president only personally calls for assignments, the AP's will call and tell you are being released.) but it was then he asked me if i would be his assistant. Part of me is very scared, I look at past AP's and think that i could never be as good as them. I never asked for this assignment, and i honestly don't know if i am the best man for the job, but i do know that President Young is inspired and its where the Lord wants me, and I am going to do my very best. I am not sure how it is in other missions but in the OEM the AP's do cover a ward, although it seems like they dont get to spend a lot of time working in their own area. 

I am really not sure all that it will Intel or really what it will be like, but i have always loved change and this is a big one, so part of me is very exiting. My companion is going to be Elder Hacket, this is his last transfer before he goes home, so i will probably be there for either 2 or 3 transfers (3 or 4 1/2 months). I am not sure what this next week will be like, all i really know is i will be there for when the new missionaries come in (Wednesday), and that will be pretty cool cuz this is our first group of 18 year old Elders and 19 sisters. We are getting 12 sisters and i think 5 Elders. I love you all, please pray for me, and for this mission. love ya!

Elder Covey
-- 
Fearless via Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment