President Young requested all missionaries write an essay on 5 principles that will guide our lives, so I put this together in personal study one morning. It is very simple but I hoe you enjoy it. Love, Elder Covey
5 Guiding Principles
1. Think before you act: the idea of this is that before I make a decision I think to myself “in a month will I regret doing this, in a year… will I ever regret doing this act?” if I know I will regret it, then I choose not to do it.
2. Fearless Via Faith: This is a saying I came up with at the MTC. Fear has held me back from a lot of good in my life. I know that God did not give me the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7) I know for me to become the person I want to be I need to be fearless. I know the only way for me to become fearless is through trust and faith in Christ.
3. God does not intend for me (one of his sons) to be mediocre: I know that I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father. He did not make me so I would become mediocre. He has given me the ability and the potential to change the world in a positive way. Because of that I always try to keep processing in all the things I do. I am not ne to stand still.
4. “Therefore, or what have ye to boast”? Mosiah 2:24 I know what King Benjamin taught was true that everything we have and everything we are comes from God, and that on our own we are nothing. I know it is important to be humble, and to thank Him for all He has given us.
5. Everyone deserves My love: everyone on his earth is a spirit child of our Heavenly Father. Everyone deserves to be carted for and treated right. No one deserves to be unrighteously judged.