Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Medford Temple

Today we got to go to the Medford temple, so we switched our P day from Monday to today. I should have mentioned it last week so you w
eren't expecting a letter on Monday, but it forgot to put it in my email. The Medford Temple is really small, it was different because I have only been to big temples. It was so great to be able to do a session, I love the temple so much and going is such a blessing.
The past week or so has been very gray and rainy, I guess this is what the weather will be like until late spring. It hasn't rained really hard yet, but it is very gray and the sun does not shine very much, but it is still very beautiful everything is very green and there is a lot of fog. We share a car so we have it for half the week and everyday that it has been really rainy we have had the car so we have been lucky.
On Saturday Leann was baptised. it was a really incredible experience. I do have a picture of Elder McKenzie and I with her but I forgot to bring my memory card so I will send it out next week.
On this Saturday Greg Jones and Bob Trimble are going to be baptized. I talked about Greg in past emails and how he was suppose to be baptised two weeks ago. Greg is so solid and I am so exited for him he will be a incredible member. Bob is 83 years old, his wife was baptised but had not been to church for 60 years. They have had diligent home and visiting teachers for the past few years, and they have finally came around. We started teaching them about a week after I got here. The first time we met with him he told us that he wanted to be sealed to his wife, because they had been happily married for so long. We set a baptismal date with him on at the first lesson for oct. 15, he was very unsure at first and did not know if that was enough time, but every time we met with him his testimony grew, he progressed very quickly he actually could have been baptised last week. Bob is a incredible guy, he reads from the Book of Mormon hours each day and he so willing to keep all the commandments. He use to be a avid coffee drinker, but the day we taught the word of wisdom he immediately accepted and has not had a cup since. The Trimbles are so great e
ver time we go over Sis. Trimble fills up a zip lock bag with licorice, peanuts and chocolate covered raisins. I am so exited for a year from now when hopefully they will be able to go to the temple and be sealed.
Everything is great, I love it hear, I am so blessed and so happy. We get to do a good amount teaching which i am very grateful for. I love all of you. thank you so much for the prayers.
love,
Elder Covey
--
Fearless via Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment